the hoofprint

Walnut High School | 400 Pierre Rd. Walnut, Calif. 91789

the hoofprint

the hoofprint

Future and Metro Boomin’ reduce hope for a hyped-up album

“WE DON”T TRUST YOU” and “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU” are underwhelming albums, showing minimum potential for both artists.
The+first+album+cover+features+both+artists%2C+Future+and+Metro+Boomin%E2%80%99+in+black+suits+as+they+stand+in+the+desert+at+nightfall.+%E2%80%9CWE+DON%E2%80%99T+TRUST+YOU%E2%80%9D+is+the+first+time+that+the+two+have+worked+with+each+other.+The+cover+was+teased+three+days+before+the+release+of+the+album+on+March+19%2C+2024.+
Photo source: Genius
The first album cover features both artists, Future and Metro Boomin’ in black suits as they stand in the desert at nightfall. “WE DON’T TRUST YOU” is the first time that the two have worked with each other. The cover was teased three days before the release of the album on March 19, 2024.

Well-renowned hip-hop producer Metro Boomin’ and chart-topping hip-hop artist, Future have collaborated to release two albums, “WE DON’T TRUST YOU” and “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU.”
The first project, “WE DON’T TRUST YOU” was released on March 22 and the second project, “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU” was released on April 12.

“WE DON’T TRUST YOU’’ is definitely the bolder album between the two even though the album is dragged out for 17 tracks with lackluster variety in the beats. Some stand-out tracks are “Like That” and “Cinderella” because of the variety in features. Vocals are all performed by Future and other features and beats were produced by Metro Boomin’.

“WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU” gives the listener more of a mellow feel but feels extremely dry with the same style of beats and makes me not want to relisten, kind of like a Taylor Swift album. Only tracks with features are more eye opening, like “Red Leather” featuring J. Cole and “All To Myself” featuring The Weeknd. With these few valid tracks, it feels like the second album was thrown together haphazardly.

Along with the music, the first album birthed a new “civil war” in the rap scene. In the song “Like That” featuring Kendrick Lamar, Lamar insults popular and well renowned artists Drake and J. Cole. Lamar also insults Drake’s new album “For All The Dogs” and the collaborated song between the duo “First Person Shooter.”

Drake responded to the diss with the single “Push Ups” addressing Kendrick Lamar’s most recent album “Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers.” J. Cole throws shade back at Kendrick Lamar on his surprise album “Might Delete Later” in his track “7 minute drill” which is now deleted from music streaming platforms, and most recently, Kendrick Lamar released the single “Euphoria” which was six minutes of insults on Drake and his reputation.
In “WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU” the track “Red Leather” features J. Cole which was released two weeks after “WE DON’T TRUST YOU” which had the prior diss on J. Cole. This portrays him to be a contradictory person by making him out to be indecisive on which side he was on.

Both albums are mediocre at best which is underwhelming considering both artists’ previous discographies aren’t sub-par. Overall, the first album would get a three out of five stars and the second album would get a two out of five stars.