Ambassador connects company to school clubs

Senior Zoey Tran explains the benefits and responsibilities of working as the SparkPrintz Ambassador.
Senior+Zoey+Tran+discusses+with+club+president+junior+Ryan+Huang+about+potentially+buying+merchandise+for+his+club.+
Stephanie Cheng
Senior Zoey Tran discusses with club president junior Ryan Huang about potentially buying merchandise for his club.

Responsibility is a necessity as a student, and senior Zoey Tran is no stranger to responsibilities. 

Tran has been the ambassador for SparkPrintz for two years. Her job is to connect clubs to the company, which creates T-shirts and other accessories.

“This is my second year in this position, and my job is going out and reaching out to people and clubs, then sending email correspondence to my team,” Tran said. “We have workshops and there aren’t many of them, but it’s basically information about how to advertise better.”

Ambassadors have the responsibility to create connections with other students and teachers, representing the company. 

“It’s a lot of going out and reaching out to people, then sending email correspondence to the team and advertising to clubs,” Tran said. “We get taught how to market ourselves, and they build on our abilities from before.”

Tran and many other students from the ASB Cabinet were hand-picked to be candidates for the future ambassador role based on their social skills, responsibility and friendliness. 

“I thought [the job] was a cool opportunity to make some money, network and gain some leadership experience,” Tran said. “I knew it wasn’t super time consuming so I would have plenty of time for my academics and extracurriculars.”

Having such an important job allows future ambassadors to help the student body. Tran will be stepping down as the ambassador at the end of the year since she is a senior, and her spot will be open to any students looking to gain some leadership skills and experience. 

“I enjoy my job but even though it’s still pretty low maintenance, I have to put a lot of work into it,” Tran said. “I love it [my job] because I get to help my friends in clubs with how to order things.”